Wednesday, July 29, 2009

70: Healing Nexus without a real tank...

Oh boy... Oh boy... where did I get myself into?
Me, a guildie (Iç!), a rogue and 2 DK's where going to Nexus and pwn the living mashizzle out of the dragons that bade there.
Untill we noticed that no-one was an actual tank. lucky for uss Blizz made DK's so OP that even in DPS spec they can tank.
DK1: 9K hp other (DK2) 12K
So we took DK2 as our tank, sadly enough he had never run this instance before..
Even with his Plate and selfhealing (bloodspec) I needed to be on my toes, including all the bad pulls, aggro changing and everythign else that went wrong.
We only died once... (I got killed first.. thank you for holding the aggro...)
Well once that is untill the end boss.
4 tries to get her down.

You see the last fight requires moving or jumping... As a shaman... I do not have any possiblitie to heal while i'm looking like goat on steroids.

line up:
Riptide : I love you soooo much! 1 instant every 6 seconds
Earth shield: I also love you! 8x 600hp = Goood
Lhw: I hate you!
CH: I hate you more!
HW: I hate you most!

During this fight the problem is that I needed to stand still...now I took about 150 a second if i stood still. which means that if i cast lhw i get 300Damage. now the tank was not so great geared so he needed constant healing... Which meant that I had about 15sec to live, without any heals.

So what did I change on the 4th try? I said fck you to the tank and put earth shield on myself. which cleared about 2sec. every 10 to heal him. since I didn't need to heal myself.
and ofc: Heroism + fire elemental = pwnage.

No comments:

Post a Comment